picuntu.g8.net was down for some time.
Reason ? An attempt to do remote upgrade on php had failed, causing the loop and file read issues...
The site was brought down, file-system fscked.... and php5 upgraded.
As we type this blog, other updates are underway.
Thanks for your patience guys !
Close on the heals of release of 4.4.3, we are happy to present PicUntu 4.5-nand-BasicGUI, A complete Linux distribution all images (yes kernel, system, boot et all) AND the installer. The zipped file and a few clicks, will be all it takes, to get your own PicUntu.
Link to the file is here --- > PicUntu 4.5-nand-BasicGUI
PicUntu 4.5 Basic Installer kit aims to make the installation, configuration and operations easy and convenient for end user to be able to use it, without worrying about the technology behind it.
All this packed in less than 247 MB !! - that's PicUntu 4.5-NAND-BasicGUI-kit
What does it do?
One click (actually 4 ) install of PicUntu on Android stick.
Who is it for?
- Home use, multimedia users - even with 720p video files, the average load on CPU does not go beyond 30-35%.
- Small servers, linux desktops, linux webservers (http://picuntu.g8.net is a web-server running on PicUntu 2.2 since Feb 2013)
- In addition to the home users for the multi-media PicUntu-4.5 is the first business device that works out-of-the box for business users as well.
- It is snappy, fast and robust.
Very happy to announce the availability of the complete Linux distribution for PicUntu for 3188 quad core devices.
No more tinkering with settings, downloads, drivers, partial things working... now download and use with assurance. As always, PicUntu is created for end users who can download and use the device without the need for technical knowhow (Yes, we are working on getting the installation simplified)
This is based on 3.0.36+, and currently supports
1. MK802IV - Pre July Version (8188eu)
2. MK802IV - Post July versions (ap6210)
For a short period, there were 8188etv based modules also - that has not been tested...
3. Others coming soon.
The distribution consists of two parts - Kernel and Root Filesystem.
A typical user would need
- PicUntu 4.4.3 - PostJul13 - 1080p
- PicUntu - 4.4.3 - BasicGUI
13-Jul : PicUntu - 4.4 is coming soon... !
15-Sep: Picuntu 4.4 root file system released
19-Sep: Really its coming soon...