Right folks - PicUntu has been making great news across the globe.
We are over-whelmed by the wishes and the speed at which PicUntu is catching world's imagination.
PCWorld, Liliputing (one of the first to report), Arctablet, ewalstreeter, tuxmachines, CNX, PC Quest... multiple magazines across multiple languages have carried the news article about launch of our dear PicUntu.
While, before the launch, google only returned 2000 pages with Picuntu - as of today it returns over 40,000 !! and it still keeps growing...
It's nice that the team's efforts are being recognized by the world !!
Our development team, has worked round the clock to bring back a bug-fix release for you. You can download the new files here.
- 1.a. Pre-picuntu-0.9-RC2.2.tgz - Many changes, now available as a tgz file
- ---> SHA1 Checksum: 677934c537dd69703f9c1fbb786e212681eec4f7
- 1.b. Picuntu-linuxroot-0.9-RC2.2.tgz - Many changes, recommend you download the same. You do NOT need to download this explicityly, if you have Linux and are using the script above.
- ---> SHA1 Checksum: ed3a55a470f08e2ef39ad74a5bf4ea0fcfb56f2f
- 1.c PicUntu-linuxroot-0.9-RC2.2.img.gz image file - that has GUI and sources preinstalled. Its a huge 2.8Gb file, but, hey you wanted almost everything on it. Download this file and write the image to a 8GB usb disk, using any windows/linux disk image writer. No need to follow the above two steps
- ---> SHA1 checksum: 41f1375736071a155fd5c1278d8e54b8a2456680
- 2. Kernel - no change
In future releases, we will incorporate checksum, within the program.These have been tested by our own team on MK808/UG802 - and we confirm, this time your experience with this will be much smoother. ChangeLogChange Log - 0.9 RC 2.2 - Jan 17th, 2013
- Fixed an error, that did not allow dialog to be installed.
- Fixed an error that did not permit the radio link to go off air
- Release pre-picuntu.sh as zip file to take care of the version, As well as for many users, downloading txt file not saveable as .sh
- Picuntu-da-server - following problems have been fixed.
- Entry in /etc/network/intefaces not correct for eth0 - when using assistant - also bcm40181, not in /etc/modules
- Static IP configuration was not working
- Add pv to base
- Add uudecode (sharutils) in Dev Pack
- In Network config menu, there should be an option network restart
- system giving error, when running --net
- Lot of cleaning up in the network config
- Switch AutoFix not working.
- Numerous other bug fixes
Announcing the availability of PicUntu 0.9 RC 2.1.In less than 8 weeks, of the first time, that Linux kernel was able to be run on MK808/UG802/MX1 etc (RK3066 chipset) based USB sticks, we are happy to announce the world's first complete Linux distribution for the RK3066.Starting with a minimal download of no more than 170MB, you can use menus and simple selections to configure your system to be a full fledged system - that can act as
- Company webserver: With fully function web server, extremely robust MySql, PHP5 and hell !, we have also added up a very powerful web based MySql administrator -phpmyadmin. All configured and ready to be used.
- Corporate Mail server: Sendmail, name server, fetchmail are installed with one selection only
- Share network over Windows/Cifs network sharing
- Central database server: If you need a common database to store and manage your office and/or home use, choose PicUntu for a hassle free operation.
- Content manager: Use this tiny little 10W user as your formal content management portal. Here is an example of site running on PicUntu
- Developer's paradise: If you would rather develop kernels and modules for the arm world, simply select to download the kernel sources and you can begin coding in a few minutes.
- Power GUI desktop: Yes, we can be green and beautiful Running under 6W, average you can have the pleasure of a full High Definition (1920x1080p) desktop, with a choice of xfce/gnome shells
- Add extras such as flash, graphics programs, Office suite clones - by virtue of simply clicking on it.
Congratulations! You have just reached a web site, that is running on PicUntu - Mk808/UG802 - Rockchip based device.
This device is currently running PicUntu 0.9 (based on kernel by andrew), so please be aware that sometimes, this server may be down, or being load tested... or I am simply, tinkering with new settings, because I so like it.
This site, is a demo site, that allows you to explore the power of Ubuntu on ARM v7, Cortext A9 CPU with Rockchip.
Some devices that have reported to be running are
MK808, UG802, MK802 III, UG007, MX1
This is purely experimental site and you would most definitely find content, that is not supposed to be here, please bear with it... as we continue to grow this.