Announcing the availability of PicUntu 0.9 RC 2.1.In less than 8 weeks, of the first time, that Linux kernel was able to be run on MK808/UG802/MX1 etc (RK3066 chipset) based USB sticks, we are happy to announce the world's first complete Linux distribution for the RK3066.Starting with a minimal download of no more than 170MB, you can use menus and simple selections to configure your system to be a full fledged system - that can act as
- Company webserver: With fully function web server, extremely robust MySql, PHP5 and hell !, we have also added up a very powerful web based MySql administrator -phpmyadmin. All configured and ready to be used.
- Corporate Mail server: Sendmail, name server, fetchmail are installed with one selection only
- Share network over Windows/Cifs network sharing
- Central database server: If you need a common database to store and manage your office and/or home use, choose PicUntu for a hassle free operation.
- Content manager: Use this tiny little 10W user as your formal content management portal. Here is an example of site running on PicUntu
- Developer's paradise: If you would rather develop kernels and modules for the arm world, simply select to download the kernel sources and you can begin coding in a few minutes.
- Power GUI desktop: Yes, we can be green and beautiful Running under 6W, average you can have the pleasure of a full High Definition (1920x1080p) desktop, with a choice of xfce/gnome shells
- Add extras such as flash, graphics programs, Office suite clones - by virtue of simply clicking on it.